fontas food

eating my way through suburbia

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Bread Pudding...for breakfast!

This past weekend, we hosted an impromptu neighbourhood brunch to start off our Christmas season. The idea came from seeing a loaf of Dutch sugar bread (suikerbrood) in my freezer. I'd made the bread a couple of months ago and frozen one loaf. When I saw it sitting in the freezer, it just seemed to be crying out to me..."Make me into some breakfast bread pudding!"

And so I did!



Dutch Sugar Bread

This is adapted from a recipe from Klary Koopsman on eGullet. (Original recipe is here and adaptations thereof are here and here.) The batteries in my camera packed it in so the photo is of the bread I made a year ago.

Using the suikerbrood, I made French Toast Bread Pudding from Epicurious.

What a great way to start off the holiday season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home