fontas food

eating my way through suburbia

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Onion Pie

The other day, the Spouse and I were watching the Food Network, a show on a pie competition. Amid all the apple pies and the cream pies, one contestant's pie really piqued our interest: onion pie.

The Spouse decided he would try to recreate the dish; although no recipe had been given, enough of the ingredients were discussed to give him a good idea of how to go about the task. It was an unqualified success:



This is definitely going to make an appearance on our table again and, now that the Spouse has the basics down, I'm sure he's going to want to start experimenting.

NB: If only I'd thought to check the Food Network site earlier! The recipe for the pie we saw on TV is available here: Vidalia Onion Pie. This is close to what I think W did but it's not exactly the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home