fontas food

eating my way through suburbia

Monday, October 08, 2007

August 30, 2004

I think I've been eating too many "starchy" vegetables lately. I just don't feel the same as I did a few weeks ago and so, in an attempt to get back on track, I decided to start really watching my fruits and veggies.

And so, for breakfast, I went outside and picked two small white peaches off the tree, washed them, sliced them, and topped them with a dollop of yogurt:

Peaches

Lunch was equally as simple. I made a miso soup to which was added some (several?) baby bok choy and some tofu:

Miso Soup

Dinner ended up being homemade ravioli and Greek salad. The filling for the ravioli started out as two pork loin chops, trimmed of all fat. Those were minced by hand (okay, I just kept whacking it with a cleaver until it looked minced...who needs therapy?) and then simmered in a wee bit of chicken broth. Once cooked, the broth was drained off.

I steamed some arugula and let it drain and cool. Once cooled, it was chopped. Earlier in the day, I had put one cup of yogurt in the "yogurt cheese maker" and let it drain. By the time I needed it, it was the consistency of whipped cream.

Mixing up the filling was easy: just combine the pork, arugula, yogurt cheese, and some seasoning (herbes de Provence and salt and pepper)! Instead of making my own pasta today, I just used wonton skins.

The yogurt cheese really added an interesting flavour to the ravioli. It was slightly acidic or maybe the word I'm looking for is piquant. Whatever the word is, the ravioli were wonderful. I finished them off with some browned butter and a few toasted pine nuts.

The entire meal was worth 8 points (6 pts for the ravioli and 2 pts for the salad):

Ravioli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home