fontas food

eating my way through suburbia

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Well, I'm back from my trip back east and am hoping I didn't go too hogwild whilst there...

The Spouse made dinner tonight (which was wonderful for me, as I'm still getting used to the time difference); the entire meal was 9 points.

The day before I left for Connecticut, I went to the farmers' market in Davis with a friend, where I bought some wild king salmon. I vacuum-packed it and stuck it in the freezer that very night. Wayde built dinner around one of these fillets.

First, he made a marinade/sauce of 1 T. mayonnaise, 1 T. sriracha sauce, and 1 T. low-Na soy sauce. Here they are, ready to go on the grill:



To go with the salmon, he made a salad of Israeli couscous, dried cranberries, and leftover vegetables from last night's dinner:



The dressing was made of vinegar, sweet chili sauce, and a dribble of sesame oil.

The veggie side was twice-cooked long beans (first steamed and then stir-fried with some garlic):



I reckon the salmon was 5 points (each piece weighed in at just under 4 oz. when cooked), the salad was 3 points (serving size was about 2/3 cup), and the beans were worth 1 point (because of the stir-frying).

Garnished with some chilled cucumber slices to offset the heat of the salad and the salmon:



Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home