fontas food

eating my way through suburbia

Monday, October 08, 2007

June 15, 2005

It's become a personal challenge of mine to cook chicken on the grill every day this week and NOT get bored with it.

So, for day four, I decided to take part in eGullet's Burger & Meatloaf Cook-off. Since it's too hot to turn the oven on, I cooked the meatloaf on the grill and, since I had my own personal challenge to eat "grilled chicken", I made the meatloaf out of chicken!

Meatloaf, cooked on the grill

The meatloaf ingredients are:

1/2 cup finely minced onion
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, minced
4 small boneless, skinless chicken thighs, minced
1 egg
1.5 tsp. chipotle chile sauce
1/3 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to taste

This makes 3 servings at 5 points per serving.

It was accompanied by salsa, a zucchini gratin (also cooked on the grill), refried beans, and tortillas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home